Every time another set of blogging awards comes around again, bloggers everywhere go through a range of stages and emotions…
1. Nominations announcement. This is met by a flurry of excitement by the blogger. Another blogger awards! ‘Could I possibly win?’ thinks the blogger.
2. Filling in the nominations form. Blogger’s mind goes blank. Um, which blogs do I read again? Blogger checks Twitter feed to jog memory. Clicks onto Bloglovin’. Looks at RSS feed then blogger remembers they have no idea what an RSS feed even is.
3. Still filling in nominations form. Blogger gets tired and hungry. Wonders if it takes everyone else two hours to complete the form. Blogger can’t quite remember why one blog is a favourite. Types ‘is nice to me on Twitter’ as reason for nomination.
4. Canvassing nominations. Blogger tweets and posts on Facebook, asking for nominations for their blog. Blogger realises that only Mum and Auntie Sue will probably be bothered to do so. Blogger hopes that some genuine nominations will be cast their way. Self doubt sets in. ‘Does anyone read my blog?’ thinks the blogger.
5. Shortlist is announced. Blogger IS ON THE SHORTLIST. Blogger’s heart races. Blogger jumps for joy. Blogger calls their mum. Blogger tweets about it. Blogger realises there’s still another round to go before the finalists are chosen…
6. Canvassing votes. Blogger tweets and posts on Facebook, asking for votes for their blog. Blogger realises that only Mum and Auntie Sue will probably be bothered to do so. Blogger hopes that some genuine votes will be cast their way. Self doubt sets in. ‘Does anyone read my blog?’ thinks the blogger.
7. Finalists are announced. Blogger… isn’t a finalist. Blogger feels stupid for even thinking it might happen. Blogger has a cry.
8. The Awards. Blogger goes along to the awards do, drinks a vat of wine, and cheers on all of the bloggers who are far superior. Blogger vows it will be their turn next year. Blogger has a secret toilet-cry. Blogger drinks more wine.
So I’ve been nominated – and shortlisted – for one of the big UK blogging awards, The Brilliance in Blogging Awards. THIS IS VERY EXCITING. There are 16 blogs in my category and if I want to become a finalist (i.e. make it to stage 7) then I NEED YOUR VOTE. I’ve been shortlisted in the Writer category which is amazing and fantastic, since writing is my passion. If you enjoy reading my blog, I would love love love for you to vote for me! Thank you.