Confidence is something I’ve been thinking about a lot recently – this week, the brilliant Katrina from Cool Bananas wrote about body confidence and how we all need cheerleaders (so true) and I’ve started a health kick that involves Jillian Michaels shouting at me to do push ups every morning (check out Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred).
It’s no surprise to learn that 8/10 people would like to be more self-confident, and as well as hitting the gym and eating our greens, having sweet smelling breath is tied into confidence too. So mouthwash brand CB12 recently set shoppers in London some confidence boosting challenges.
A unique giant vending machine was stationed outside Boots in Westfield Stratford shopping centre where members of the public were asked to complete a simple challenge against the clock, to receive a great confidence-boosting reward. They also received a confidence tip from Confidence Coach Georgina Elliott. Watch the video to find out what happened…
Just watching the video makes me smile – it can’t have been easy for all of those people to let loose in the middle of the shopping centre!
If you need a confidence boost, here are Georgina Elliott’s top 5 tips:
- Ignore the critics. Ditch the negative people who fuel self-doubt and lack of self-worth. Surround yourself with confident, positive people who make you feel good about yourself!
- Go! Travel is a HUGE developer of self-confidence, giving you a greater insight into the world and broadening your experience of life. Go somewhere soon you’ve never been to!
- No comparison! The greatest enemy of true self -confidence is comparing yourself to others. Stop worrying…just focus on being uniquely YOU!
- Spend time with yourself! Self-esteem is rooted in how you feel about yourself. So take the pressure off and take some time out to make friends with yourself, be happy in your own skin!
- Looking good, feeling great! Whatever your age, size or life circumstances, invest some time in yourself to feel good about your appearance. Finding the personal style that suits you can make a huge difference to your self-esteem.
I feel better already! What are your top self-confidence tips?
• Thanks to C12 for sponsoring this post. For details on how I work with brands, see my Work With Me page.