1. You’re genuinely excited at the prospect of getting new socks from Santa. And if they happen to be cashmere bed socks from The White Company? Even better. (Well done, Santa, you clever man)
2. You consider a visit to the local garden centre a fun day out with the kids. Those areas where they sell Christmas lights? Just as much fun as paying to visit Santa’s grotto. And it’s free! Bonus points if the garden centre has real reindeer and nice homeware gifts you can buy for relatives.
3. The Michael Bublé Christmas album is on repeat in your house. Well, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
4. You hear yourself saying this sentence to your other half: “Hey honey, instead of giving each other Christmas presents this year, why don’t we buy ourselves a National Trust family membership?” I’m not even kidding, this is what we’re doing this year. 2015 is going to be the year of National Trust days out (and lots of tea and cake in the tearooms, obvs.)
5. You check the opening time of your local supermarket on Christmas Eve (7am, FYI) with the plan to get there ten minutes earlier, to beat the rush, for your Christmas turkey and trimmings.
It’s official. I’m getting old. Ah well, I’ll console myself with a Baileys in front of the fire (ooh have you seen there’s a new chocolate version?)…
We are getting a national trust membership too!! I am so excited! 🙂
Haha! Great post…same here although we decided no Christmas presents this year as we’re buying the remaining share in our home…sad grown up times…hoping my mum will sort me out with some lovely socks! X
Couldn’t agree more…white company in my radar too…
Oh no ! I do ALL these things!
Haha ha – although I have had my White company cashmere socks for a few years now!! The garden centre is one of my fave places at mo and OMG we’re getting a National Trust membership from my dad and step mum (she actually laughed and said see we all get old!) I am actually very excited too – so will see you and Hurrah for Gin in the tea and cake shop xxx
It’s official. I’m old. Sob.
Sssh being old rocks 😉 Don’t tell the young ones though!
HELL YES To Micky Bubbles. He is the greatest crooner of all time. Sigh. A housewives favourite. Which of course means? I am old x
Haha! Brilliant post. I think I must be getting old too. I even asked my husband to get me a thorough health check for Christmas!
Hello would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price? Thanks, I appreciate it!
It’s amazing to go to see this website and reading the views of all friends concerning this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.