There are a few things which make me instantly happy – having fresh flowers in a vase on my kitchen table, sinking into the sofa with a large glass of chilled wine at the end of a hard day, my five-year-old cuddling into me as we read stories just before bed. Another thing which makes me happy is doing a big shopping spree. I know, massively materialistic, but I LOVE PRETTY THINGS.
That feeling of walking through town, shopping bags swinging by my side, stopping off for some lunch somewhere and then heading home is so much fun and gives me a feelgood buzz.
It’s easy to lose track of how much I’m spending, when I’m on a bit of shopping roll, and I often do some mental arithmetic in my head, on my way home, to make sure I haven’t overspent.
I’m working with E.ON Energy because they’re aware that it’s easy to overspend with our energy bills too. With months of darker, colder evenings ahead, many of us will see our energy bills rise far beyond the expected – especially as there’s no price tag to keep us in check.
So, I want to show you how difficult it can be to keep a track of your spending without any idea of how much things cost. Below is a photo of my recent shopping haul and I’m SO EXCITED because I’m giving it all away to one winner. All you have to do, to enter, is try to guess the total amount that this haul cost me. It’s not actually as easy as it sounds, but the person who guesses the closest figure to the correct total will win the lot.
Thankfully, for those of us wanting to get a grip on how much we spend on energy, help is at hand. E.ON’s smart pay as you go meter allows you to keep tight control on how much you spend on energy by showing exactly how much you’re using in real time. All of which means you’ll have some extra cash to spend on the things you really love…
My shopping haul (clockwise from top left): Cashmere socks, Pineapple stationery set, Dairy Milk chocolate, Apple TV, Pom pom hat, Necklace, Cashmere hot water bottle, Gold spot notebook, Winter scented candle, MAC lipstick.
My shopping haul is a mixture of my favourite things and lots of things for the perfect cosy autumn night in – I can often be found curled up on my sofa, hot water bottle in hand, cosy socks on my feet, watching box sets on Apple TV and eating chocolate! Anyone who knows me well will know I have an obsession with pretty stationery, posh candles and statement necklaces. Meanwhile, part of my autumn and winter uniform is my Lady Danger lippy and a pom pom hat!
So if you’d like to enter to win this entire haul, comment on this blog post saying how much you think this all cost me, in total. Don’t forget to fill in the Rafflecopter box for your entry to count. Good luck!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Ruth H, who is the winner!
Terms and conditions for E.On shopping haul competition:
1. Entry is open to all UK residents, over 18, excluding anyone professionally associated with the promoter or giveaway host.
2. One winner will receive the shopping haul, as pictured. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts at 12.01am GMT on 5th Nov 2015 and closes at 11.59pm GMT on 24th November 2015.
4. Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post, saying how much you think this entire shopping haul cost to purchase.
5. The winner will be the person who guesses the closest amount to the correct total figure. If multiple people guess the correct figure, the winner will be drawn at random from those entries.
6. The name of the winner will be published on this website within 7 days of the giveaway closing.
7. The winner will be contacted by the host within 36 hours of the closing date.
8. The prize will be sent to the winner within 28 days of the closing date.
9. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is: E.On Energy and Not Another Mummy Blog