I was having serious Camp Bestival withdrawal symptoms this weekend – a year ago, we went to our first family festival together and it was utterly fantastic. But this weekend, while I was watching lots of people I know have an amazing time there (and quietly sobbing into a paper cup of wine for that genuine festival feel) I’m looking forward to another family friendly festival… and this one is much closer to home.
On September 14th, we’re heading to OnBlackheath. The inaugural festival on Blackheath Common in south east London is in partnership with John Lewis and sees Massive Attack and Frank Turner headline with performances from The Levellers, Aloe Blac, Grace Jones and Athlete.
There’s also going to be a real foodie presence with a farmers’ market and a cooking demo stage hosted by Gizzi Erskine and featuring a range of Michelin-starred British talent – all cooking up tasty creations for you to sample.
For the younger festival goers, OnBlackheath promises a fabulous area designed specially for kids, with arts & crafts workshops, games and special performances. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Blackheath holds a special place in my heart – I lived there for three years in my 20s and loved mooching around the gift shops and drinking coffee outside the many cafes. The common is a beautiful space that I used to sit on (usually outside the Prince Of Wales pub if I’m honest, with a Bacardi Breezer in hand) and watch the kites flying by. I’m super excited to go to the festival – and giddy at the thought that it’s just a bus ride away from my house!
I can’t wait to put my floral hairband on (might get one for the three-year-old too) and soak up the atmosphere… and late summer sun hopefully.
And you could be there too! OnBlackheath have given me four tickets for Sunday 14th September to give away. To be in with a chance of winning:
• Comment on this blog post, saying which act on Sunday 14th September you’d most like to see if you win
• For an extra two entries, follow @alisonperryblog on Twitter and tweet the following ‘Win four tickets for @OnBlackheath festival over on @alisonperryblog’
• Fill in the Rafflecopter box below if you want your entries to count
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions:
1. Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Not Another Mummy Blog or the Promoter.
2. One winner will receive four tickets for OnBlackheath, valid on Sunday 14th September 2014 only. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts at 12.01am BST on 4th August 2014 and closes at 11.59pm BST on 29th August 2014.
4. Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post. Entrants can gain bonus entries by following @alisonperryblog on Twitter and tweeting about the giveaway, then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
5. The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
6. In the unlikely event that the prize becomes unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
7. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The Promoter is: AKA, 115 SHAFTESBURY AVENUE, LONDON WC2H 8AF