1. Your daily teeth brushing fight with kids has a new friend – the daily fight over applying sun cream. (Oh and how DO you apply it to a child without getting it all in their hair and making it greasy?!)
2. Your Instagram feed fills up with images of rosé wine, Birkenstocks on grass and amazing looking sunsets. Mmmm summer with a filter.
3. You sneeze. A lot. Despite this, you forget to take antihistamine to calm your hayfever. Ah well, puffy weepy eyes are on-trend, right?
4. You say “Put your hat on” at least eight times a day, as your child runs around in the baking heat.
5. You don’t just have a drink, you have a drink in the sun. Which is 80 times better than just having a drink.
6. The soles of your kids’ feet (oh OK and yours too) are black with dirt from padding around the garden with no shoes on.
7. You get proper holiday envy as you watch friend after friend head abroad… and post daily on Facebook about the amazing beach, the swim-up bar serving mojitos, the kids’ club crèche… and everything else that makes a holiday fantastic.
8. Eating salads becomes tolerable – nay – enjoyable. Now, why don’t you enjoy them so much in the depths of winter? In November, all you can think about is pasta and red wine.
9. You get a case of Wimbledon-FOMO. And tell yourself that NEXT YEAR you will definitely try to get tickets. Which is what you tell yourself every year.
10. Your children’s rubber footwear of choice switches from wellies to jelly shoes. Gotta be Sun Jellies if you want to be down-with-the-kids. But Primark probably do a good pair too.
Can you think of any signs that I’ve forgotten?
Psst! I’m linking this post up to Let’s Talk Mommy – click the image below to read more ace posts!
What a great round up of amazing things for summer. I look forward to each and every one of these except maybe wrestling the tots and the sun block. lol I hate the greasy hair look but must be done. Only thing to add is summer means MY family. I get to go home to the USA with my kids each summer and be with my family, my aunts, uncles, cousins, gramma, and siblings. It’s the best thing in the whole world!!! lol
Ahh have an amazing trip home Jenny. I can’t wait to follow your IG feed of your summer.
hahaha Great list! Yep my feet are black….Just been out to hang the washing out with nothing on my feet…lol
Check, check, check. And love most of it. Long may it last!
This is a fantastic list for Summer. Summer is a great time of the year. 🙂 x
I love this post! This is definitely true 🙂
Hurray for summer I say!
Yes to ‘summer with a filter’! The wankometer of glossy, staged, sun-drenched pics hits an all year high come July. I count myself as a fully-paid up member of this by the way!
Oh and I LOATHE suncream wrestling with my two! I’m a terrible Mum and assess how long they can be left in the sun without cream before they fry, or what the odds of a cloud coming along soon so I don’t have to put any on. They need vitamin D, right?!
I keep telling myself that Vit D is good. I’m so quick to keep my 3yo in the shade and slather her in cream, and actually a little sunshine is good for her…
My feet are black too! Haha!
Yet another mummy blog! Lol
Yes, yes, yes and yes! Plus you have the best excuse to go out and buy new bright nail varnish – your toes are going to be on show! (Currently wearing a bright orange here…) x
I’ve got a neon orange – goes bright under UV lights!
Oh the fights over sun cream, for us we are not fighting over putting it on but actually who is putting it on, my boys insist on doing it themselves!
All the best bits about summer and all done whilst applying lots of sun cream! Everywhere to everyone except myself! #sharewithme
brilliant! yes to all #sharewithme
Ah yes, that totally is summer. And I always seem to spend the summer with filthy feet. Even after a shower they never seems as clean as they should be. My feet seem to get so dirty even in flip flops?
And I have the opposite sun cream battle. My two year old loves it and just wants me to put more and more on.
Yes summer isn’t kind to our feet, is it? We should treat ourselves to a foot spa each night 😉
Oh my goodness I could just eat that salad!! I think you have the summer thing nailed right here!
It was well tasty 😀