I love a slogan tee. I know they’re not for everyone, but I’ve always loved them – when I was a teen, I had one of those FCUK tops and thought it was the bee’s knees. When I was a student, two of my friends made t-shirts with my name on them in gold sequins and they wore them at my birthday drinks (it was topical – remember when Madonna wore the Britney and Kylie t-shirts onstage?)
I’m no different now, and I’m a bit obsessed with the range of slogan products available for parents. Here are some of my favourites…
1. Selfish Mother X The Bright Company Mama Jyms, £48 – This is a collaboration made in heaven, with two of my favourite brands joining forces. £10 from the sale of these TBC x Selfish Mother PJs goes to Wateraid, who do amazing work saving and transforming lives in 37 countries around the world, enabling access to clean water and offering much-needed hygiene advice.
2. Parent Apparel School’s Out vest, £20 – School’s out! For! Summer! Well, it’s very nearly out for all of us parents with school-age kids, and this vest is surely the best way to celebrate? One to wear on the last day of term (and actually every day of the school holidays).
3. Selfish Mother ‘Since’ tee, £20 – I LOVE these tees, with the year you became a mum on them, but if you want one, you’d better hurry as they’re being discontinued and they’re currently in the FMLY Store sample sale. £5 from the sale of this tee goes to Starlight, who grant wishes to seriously and terminally ill children and entertains over half a million children every year in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK.
4. Jem + Bea MAMA clutch, £45 (available in late August – pre-order now) – this leather embossed clutch can be used for nappies and wipes…. or your lippy and phone on a night out. What’s not to love?
5. Alphabet Bags No Rest For The With Kid bag, £20 – This comes in a clutch/make up bag size too, but I love this canvas bag, which is perfect for filling with water, snacks, jumpers and a brolly (all the British summer essentials, right?) and slinging it on your shoulder before heading out for the day with kiddos.
6. Mére Soeur Rasing The Future tee, £23 – isn’t this cool? Because we are, literally, raising the future, and that makes the wearer of this tee a very special person, in my eyes.
7. Tease and Totes Girl Power tees, £28 for adult tee, £18 for kids’ tee – Twinning with your child (girl or boy) with a feminist message is the way to go, if you ask me. £5 from the kids’ tee and £10 from the adult tee goes to Worldreader to help them continue their incredible work, providing books to kids who can’t afford them.
Which is your favourite?