Anyone else refreshing their news app every ten minutes at the moment? Between that, and the WhatsApp chats with worried friends and family members, it’s all a bit of a stressful time. If you’re self-isolating or you are keeping your kids off school/nursery, you might find this list of 58 indoor activities helpful.
But right now, I need some fluffy TV to escape from what’s going on in the world. We tried to watch an episode of Homeland the other night. Big mistake! I need humour, romance, positivity – and just NORMALITY!
So here are 10 TV shows which I think are perfect…
1. Friends – yes I know it hasn’t aged well but it’s just so easy to watch!
2. Gilmore Girls – I watched this for the first time while pregnant / breastfeeding and it was perfect gentle drama.
3. This Is Us – only if you feel like you need a cathartic cry though – otherwise, avoid!
4. Love Is Blind – or any reality show. In fact the more ridiculous the better. You can focus on Jessica letting her dog drink wine over any world problems.
5. Grey’s Anatomy – although I only got as far as season 10 – should I persevere? And actually maybe a medical drama needs to be avoided right now…
6. Fleabag – you’ll be so busy laughing and cringing that you’ll forget all about the C word.
7. Friday Night Dinner – another one I binged on when doing night feeds – so so funny.
8. Next In Fashion – or any reality contest like Bake Off or Masterchef.
9. Suits – marvel at Meghan before she was a Duchess and develop a girl crush on Donna.
10. Any feel good movie. The cheesier the better. I recently watched Sleepless In Seattle & Wonder.
What would you add to the list?