I’ve always loved Mother’s Day – from being a small child, taking breakfast in bed to my mum and saving up pocket money to buy her a bottle of Blue Lace perfume from the local chemist, to more recent years when it’s ME who gets a lie in and breakfast in bed (yessss!)
This year, swanky department store Selfridges sent me a Mother’s Day package – wasn’t that lovely of them? (Note to my family: this doesn’t mean I’m not expecting a card and prezzie from you…) Inside was a selection of beauty treats. Acqua Di Parma perfume, a Clinique eyeshadow palette in lovely browns and natural colours, two Clinique nail varnishes and Clarins anti-ageing serum. THANKS Selfridges… and actually, they’re all bloody good ideas as Mother’s Day presents because most mums like to be pampered, right?
If your mum isn’t so keen on beauty treats, here are some more ideas of what to buy her…
1. Personalised Bombay Sapphire gin – £29.99 – it says a lot about Selfridges that this was the first item in their Mothers Day Gifts section, when I was having a look. Yep, mothers
want need gin.
2. Mini Feuille de Lavande Diptyque candle – £20 – small enough for a bedside table, you can’t go wrong with a Diptyque. Those lavender scents will have her drifting off to sleep in no time…
3. Rob Ryan A5 notebook – £13.95 – any creative bod or list lover will appreciate this gift. Small enough to pop in a handbag, big enough to fit all of your thoughts in.
And… if you win the lottery
4. A Vitamix blender and food processor – £599 – this bad boy can do so much, I wouldn’t be surprised if you told me it does the washing up too.
5. Mulberry purse – £225 – doesn’t everyone need a red Mulberry purse?
6. Nicholas Kirkwood heels – £625 – I don’t think it’s possible to wear these shoes and not feel happy.
Oh and PS the clocks go forward on Mother’s Day this year (30th March) so mums, MAKE SURE you’re not cheated out of a proper lie in! We might be losing an hour, but that just means you get an extra extra hour in bed, right?