Sure, we’ve all seen a hundred gift guides this Christmas. Everyone has an opinion on the best toys you can buy your child (and actually, all my child wants is a Frozen jigsaw and a cape). But, just because it makes me chuckle, here are the most middle class toys you can buy your kid this Christmas.
1. Cappuccino? Soy latte? Extra hot venti filter coffee? Your child can be a barista with this John Lewis Coffee Machine!
2. This wooden camera might not have as many settings as your DSLR but it’s cute.
3. This wooden sushi set has everything a budding California Roll fan needs. Even soy sauce and wasabi!
4. Mum listens to Radio 2 on her Roberts radio, so little one can listen to CBeebies Radio on this toy knitted retro radio.
5. Want something sweet to go with your decaf skinny cap? Why have biscuits when you can have macarons like these ones from ELC.
6. Just the thing that every child needs, when they’re pretending to go shopping – a Waitrose trolley.
7. Does your child’s dolls house have a toy Aga? If not, I pity the dolls!
8. Help your child get their five a day by juicing and making smoothies with this toy smoothie maker.
I may mock, but who am I kidding, I’d love to see any of these toys in my daughter’s toy box. My name is Alison and I’m a thoroughly middle class mum. I’m off to eat brunch in a posh cafe and read the Sunday papers with my family…