Twinning With Tootsa X Saltwater Sandals

Every summer for the last three years, I’ve told myself I’ll buy a pair of Salt-Water sandals. But then, every year, it gets to early September and I haven’t done it. I think it was partly ‘But which colour should I BUY?’ confusion and partly not being sure whether they really suit people like me, who have big feet (I’m a size 8).

But when I discovered that one of my favourite kidswear brands Tootsa were planning to launch a special limited edition pair of Salt-Water sandals – not only for kids, but for grown ups too – I knew that my time had come.

The Tootsa X Saltwater sandals are yellow, red and dark blue plaited leather with a stitched rubber sole. They’re designed to be worn in water as well as on dry land, and you can put them on a gentle washing machine cycle too. They’re the perfect summer sandal for kids…

…. and for us grown ups too….

They’re not cheap – the kids’ sandals are £42 and the adult sizes are £60 – but friends tell me that they really do last. And it’s great to have a limited edition collaboration pair, rather than the usual single-colour Salt-Waters.

If you haven’t checked out Tootsa before, I suggest you do – they design and sell fab unisex clothing that’s big on colour and cuteness. Having worked for over 12 years as a senior designer for international street wear labels, Kate Pietrasik set up the brand in 2011, with the aim to create a stylish alternative to the traditional boy-girl clothing divide often seen on the high street. Gorgeous, vibrant colours, playful details and quality, hardwearing fabrics were, and remain, at the core of the brand’s values.

tootsa-sandals

So I’m happy because I’ve finally got a pair of Salt-Water sandals, and the five-year-old is happy because she has a real thing about matching me, at the moment. We both wore them at the weekend to a BBQ and after a while, the garden sprinkler came out and the five-year-old was able to run through it, still wearing her sandals. She was over the moon!

Big thanks to Tootsa for sending us the sandals – as always, all views are my own. For details on how I work with brands, see my Work With Me page.

Share:

15 Comments

1. May 9, 2016 / 10:09 pm

Ooo they are lovely. I recently found Tootsa myself as I find it hard getting matching outfits for my kids (I know how mean am I?!) I then wondered if it would be wrong for us all to have matching sandals and I really am considering it.
    Love the pic with the jammy dodgers
    Farmerswifeandmummy recently posted…#MaternityMondays May 9th, 2016. Why don’t you check it out?My Profile

2. May 9, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Oh I really like these sandals. I’ve heard Saltwater are the way forward so now might be the time to invest. Great photography too, love your styling!

3. May 9, 2016 / 10:48 pm

I love them! Absolutely love them! I have a pair of yellow Saltwaters that I pull out every year they really are amazing sandals but they’re not a patch on your new ones #twinningiswinning

4. May 10, 2016 / 8:14 am

I’ve had my Saltwaters for a few years, but I’m a bit envious of yours! Multi-coloured shoes are everywhere at the moment aren’t they and they are so good for matching with clothes.

5. May 10, 2016 / 11:05 am

Ooooh loving these! I buy a pair every year! and live in them all summer! My Mum lives in the states and luckily they are cheaper over there….enjoy x

6. May 10, 2016 / 5:51 pm

Love these sandals – this will be the summer M and I get some saltwater sandals too… x these really suit you and G x

7. May 12, 2016 / 8:59 am

They are gorgeous! I saw you open them on snapchat and loved them then, lucky lady! x

8. May 12, 2016 / 2:32 pm

Totally love these! And also loving the flat-lays. I adore my Saltwaters – although these are making me want to buy another pair!
    Molly recently posted…Life lately. Why don’t you check it out?My Profile

9. May 14, 2016 / 5:32 am

LOVE THEM! I have decided this is the year I will get some for myself. We are going on quite a few holidays this summer so can’t wait to run around the freezing cold UK sea in them! x
    brummymummyof2 recently posted…11 Things I Would Tell My Pre-Child Self. Why don’t you check it out?My Profile

10. May 20, 2016 / 5:21 pm

I’ve never heard of this brand before (I know, where have I been!) but they look so cool…I absolutely love the way you’ve styled them and your flat lay’s are brilliant! xx
    Katie Albury recently posted…Reflections on Three Years of Marriage…. Why don’t you check it out?My Profile

11. May 26, 2016 / 8:25 pm

These look amazing, I love the colour!! They would be great to wear in Cornwall… Always seem to be in flip flops on beach these days but having a beautiful, stylish, waterproof pair of sandal would be fabulous.

12. June 13, 2016 / 10:45 am

I adore these sandals! I want them for me and the kids…. all lovely yellow ones!