1. Your daily teeth brushing fight with kids has a new friend – the daily fight over applying sun cream. (Oh and how DO you apply it to a child without getting it all in their hair and making it greasy?!)
2. Your Instagram feed fills up with images of rosé wine, Birkenstocks on grass and amazing looking sunsets. Mmmm summer with a filter.
3. You sneeze. A lot. Despite this, you forget to take antihistamine to calm your hayfever. Ah well, puffy weepy eyes are on-trend, right?
4. You say “Put your hat on” at least eight times a day, as your child runs around in the baking heat.
5. You don’t just have a drink, you have a drink in the sun. Which is 80 times better than just having a drink.
6. The soles of your kids’ feet (oh OK and yours too) are black with dirt from padding around the garden with no shoes on.
7. You get proper holiday envy as you watch friend after friend head abroad… and post daily on Facebook about the amazing beach, the swim-up bar serving mojitos, the kids’ club crèche… and everything else that makes a holiday fantastic.
8. Eating salads becomes tolerable – nay – enjoyable. Now, why don’t you enjoy them so much in the depths of winter? In November, all you can think about is pasta and red wine.
9. You get a case of Wimbledon-FOMO. And tell yourself that NEXT YEAR you will definitely try to get tickets. Which is what you tell yourself every year.
10. Your children’s rubber footwear of choice switches from wellies to jelly shoes. Gotta be Sun Jellies if you want to be down-with-the-kids. But Primark probably do a good pair too.
Can you think of any signs that I’ve forgotten?
Psst! I’m linking this post up to Let’s Talk Mommy – click the image below to read more ace posts!